We all know that for advanced players, cues that suit you are the best pool sticks. So I think your can get best cues as handmade pool cues, which are arts and crafts.
It may be expensive to find an expert to customize cues, so you can consider making a pool cue yourself.
Today I want to speak a little about how to get professional handmade cues.
U can also buy one best pool stick.
1. Prepare material for your handmade pool cues:
Cylindrical Ash, 125cm in length and 3cm in diameter
Purple sandalwood wedge decoration arrangement, 3 * 1 * 50cm
The main tools are planer, as well as clips and sandpaper.
Cue making tools: Carpenter’s plane (must use a plane, preferably plane + bird plane), ruler, G-shaped clip or F-shaped clip (fixed), woodworking glue or AB glue, all kinds of sandpaper, sandpaper holder, vernier caliper.
Models used for planers: Woodworking planers, one long and one short.
2. Diy pool cue – prepare the wood of your handmade pool cues:
Early preparation before know how to make a cue stick:
Generally, the wood of top pool cues comes from Canada, such as Canadian maple.
Choose a fertile field to plant maple trees.
When the maple tree grows to about two years and the diameter is about the arm, the maple tree will become the highest quality wood for making professional handmade pool cues.
The felled maple is first stripped of bark and then placed in a cool and ventilated place for about three months until the moisture of the wood has completely evaporated so that the surface is not easy to crack.
The workers scrap off the surface of the air-dried maple and then apply a layer of varnish to the surface evenly.
After standing for one month, it is planed and then coated with varnish.
Repeat the operation like this to allow the oil to soak the wood.
It is possible to avoid the occurrence of cracks and deformation as far as possible in future use.
3. General workmanship in post-production processing:
The essence of the entire maple is the inside part left for making the cue.
The next step is to make the wood into the best pool cues.
The entire machining process is carefully completed by hand on a precision machine.
The tapered cutting of the front section, the installation of the leather head, the installation of the connecting screws, etc.
The leatherhead, adapter ring, middle wheel, rear wheel, grip, etc. are all made of the highest quality materials and strive for excellence.
The final decoration process varies from brand to brand, some are plain and simple, while others are inlaid with ivory and other accessories.
This is how to get a handmade pool cue.
To make the best handmade pool cues, you should choose high-quality forelimb wood. And this is also the most important consideration.
Then you should make the forelimb wood straight.
In different manufacturing processes, it is necessary to ensure the strength and hardness of the handmade pool sticks.
Adjusting the precise center of gravity to match the density of each wood is important.
It is necessary to air dry the wood at different stages to achieve high stability of the best pool sticks, which are hard to bend and deform.
In the end, you can use different woods as decoration, among which to ensure the art of your handmade pool cues and handmade snooker cues.
So, where can you learn details on how to make a pool cue?
4. Here are some simple steps to diy a pool cue(on how to make a pool cue):
Diy pool cue display:
- Choose the wood, this wood has been naturally air-dried for several years
- The ash and maple woods are also naturally air-dried
- Cut the wood into square strips, and then air dry
- Rough machining into a circular cone by machine
- Hand-processed cone, trim the ash to a taper, and then plan a bevel (draw the mark in advance with a pencil)
- Cutting wood for decoration arrangement
- Cues and decoration arrangements preliminary bonding
- Fix the ball and decoration arrangement and glue them together
- Hand-polished sand cone, polish the side to be pasted with sandpaper to make it slippery
- To adjust the weight and center of gravity of the cue, drill holes in the last part of the cue to remove some wood, and also prepare the connector for extension after installation
- Install the appropriate cue tip for handmade pool cues
- Install a suitable pool shaft and rear handle connector
- Sand the shaft with a whole piece of sandpaper
- Hand-polished shaft
- Measure the weight of the handmade pool cues
- Inlay the trademark at the end of the cue/embed a beech wood and print the name by laser
- Extend the connector after installation
- Grind the head with a machine to even
- Install and polish the cue head
- Make pool cue: oiling and polishing the finished handmade pool cues
5. Workmanship and caution will add value to your custom handmade pool cues:
There is so much workmanship that can add value to the top pool stick, but I will speak about something that makes a difference.
We can use various hardwoods for different weight properties of the cues, which determine the final weight of the handmade cues.
We can even put wood in the liquid stabilizer many times.
Then we can turn the wood sometimes.
U should know that the main material of the pool shaft is hard rock maple.
Various materials and processes the handmade pool cues go through provide greater stability and assure us that there will be less warpage throughout the lifetime of the best pool sticks.
We think the fronts of the handmade cue stick, coupled with the butt, will provide an excellent hitting result (strong and stable).
This brings the handmade pool cue sticks one step closer to have the stable “hit”, no matter the choice of wood.
It is necessary for handmade cues to avoid abuse during the lifetime of the best pool sticks, considering workmanship and materials.
It’s time to make your own pool cue!